Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)
A Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) is required by Engineers Australia to assess the competency of an engineer with overseas qualifications not covered by the Washington Accord.
What is a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) ?
It is not just one single written report.
A Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) is a collection of the following documents.
- the CDR Application Form.
- a signed declaration that the report is all your own work
- certified copies of your academic records
- your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- continuing profession development (CPD) listing
- International English Language Test (IELTS) Result
- 3 (three) career episode reports (CERs)
- Summary statement of competencies from the career episode reports
To get the full story on assessment of engineering qualifications go to the Engineers Australia website and download a .pdf copy of the Migration Skills Assessment booklet.
This booklet takes you through the whole process. Read it from cover to cover before you think about writing anything.
A tribus lingua we receive many requests for assistance in writing career episode reports (CERs). Sorry, we cannot do this. The CERs must be your own work. However, we will continue to answer your questions on the CDR preparation process via our blog comments.
Completing a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) for Engineers Australia to assess overseas qualifications not covered by the Washington Accord is the first step in migration.